LOCAL FOOTBALL: Title joy for Ramsey Town
- Credit: Archant
Player-boss Lea Jordan has guided Ramsey Town to title glory in his first season of management.
Town clinched the Peterborough & District League Division Two title last night (Tuesday) with a 4-0 success at Tydd St Mary.
Leading scorer Jamie Darlow and midfield ace Adam Rothery both struck twice to secure the decisive victory.
“I’m very proud of the lads,” said Jordan, who is assisted by Simon Flanz. “And the title is fully deserved as far as I’m concerned.
“Winning a league is a great feeling – no matter what level of football it is at.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m just pleased to have been given the opportunity to manage Ramsey, and to have brought silverware to the club.”
It’s a second successive promotion for Ramsey, who will play at Division One level next season.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
They also reached the Hunts Junior Cup final, where they were beaten by Eaton Socon Reserves, during a fine campaign.
And Ramsey were denied another cup final appearance when being thrown out of the Peterborough & District League Intermediate Shield after fielding an ineligible player in a semi-final victory.