Local football round-up
HEMINGFORDS United crashed out in the semi-finals of the Hunts Senior Cup to AFC Fletton. The Peterborough based team had few problems in booking their place in the final against St Ives Town as they cruised to a 3-0 win. Alconbury consolidated their fou
HEMINGFORDS United crashed out in the semi-finals of the Hunts Senior Cup to AFC Fletton. The Peterborough based team had few problems in booking their place in the final against St Ives Town as they cruised to a 3-0 win.
Alconbury consolidated their fourth spot in the Peterborough Premier League as a Trevor Bragg brace and a John Reddell goal gave them a 3-1 win over Peterborough Sports.
In Division One Warboys crashed to a 4-1 home defeat to bottom of the table Werrington, Matt Walker grabbing their consolation goal.
In the Kershaw Premier Eaton Socon lost 1-0 against league leaders Great Shelford and bottom club Needingworth lost 1-0 at home to Cottenham.
You may also want to watch:
In Senior A Great Paxton had a great 2-1 win at Girton and Somersham were stunned by Brampton who took a 2-1 win from the West End ground.
In UCL Reserves One Huntingdon Reserves had a 4-3 win at Raunds but St Neots Reserves fell to a 2-0 defeat at home to Northampton Sileby Rangers Reserves. St Ives and Eynesbury Reserves were both beaten in UCL Reserves Two, Ives 2-1 to Burton and Eynesbury 1-0 at home against Long Buckby. Godmanchester Reserves disappointed with a 0-0 draw at home against bottom club Stretham Hotspurs in Cambs 2B.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder