Local Football Round Up
NEEDINGWORTH edged closer to relegation from the Kershaw Premier League after they were soundly beaten 5-3 at Ely City Reserves on Saturday. In Senior A, Huntingdonshire clubs it had a reasonable weekend, and Brampton who crushed league leaders West Wratt
NEEDINGWORTH edged closer to relegation from the Kershaw Premier League after they were soundly beaten 5-3 at Ely City Reserves on Saturday.
In Senior A, Huntingdonshire clubs it had a reasonable weekend, and Brampton who crushed league leaders West Wratting 3-1.
Hemingfords United and Great Paxton both took a point, the former in a 2-2 draw against Hardwick Kieran Crow and Karl Tomkinson scoring, and the latter in a goalless draw against Cherry Hinton. Only Somersham won with a 3-2 reversal at Foxton.
Senior B saw Bluntisham Rangers well beaten 4-1 at home by league leaders Milton. Eaton Socon Reserves dished out a 3-2 beating to league leaders Wisbech St Mary in One B and Hemingfords United Reserves will be more than pleased with points from a 3-0 win at lowly Barton Mills.
You may also want to watch:
In the same division Fenstanton crashed to a 3-0 defeat at Bottisham and St Ives Rangers lost 5-0 to Ely City A.
In the Peterborough Premier League, Ramsey came away with a point in a 0-0 draw at top of the table Rutland Rangers but Alconbury lost 2-0 when AFC Fletton visited them.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 8 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Ramsey Reserves made it a bad day for Alconbury when they beat their Reserve team 3-0, the result leaving the latter well adrift in the league with just four points from 17 games.