LOCAL FOOTBALL: Penalty shoot-out agony twice in four days for Eaton Socon
- Credit: Archant
Eaton Socon have suffered penalty shoot-out heartache twice in the space of four days.
Mark Spavins’ men bowed out of the Cambs Invitation Cup after a gallant effort at higher-level March Town on Tuesday night.
They were 3-0 down with 15 minutes to go but mounted a rousing revival to level the scores thanks to a deflected Lee Bassett shot, a rasping Neil Morris strike and a last-gasp Rhys Thorpe effort.
But their fine recovery proved to be in vain when they were beaten 4-2 from the penalty spot in the first round clash with Bassett and Luke Swain saw their efforts saved by March goalkeeper Dave Beeny.
Eaton Socon also bowed out of the Cambs League Kershaw Premier Division KO Cup on penalties last Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
They were beaten 3-1 in a shoot-out by Comberton United after a 2-2 deadlock.
Eaton Socon entertain fellow locals Hemingfords United in a Kershaw Premier Division derby tomorrow.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation