LOCAL FOOTBALL: It’s double delight for Milton’s marvels at Huntingdon United
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon United have completed a quick-fire honours double.
Lee Milton’s picked up two pieces of silverware in the space of a few days following a fantastic season.
They clinched the Cambs League Division 1B title last Saturday with four games to spare.
A 2-0 triumph against March Town Reserves, featuring goals from Carl Foreman and Dom Everett, left United, who are still unbeaten in league action, in an unassailable position.
And those two players were also on the scoresheet last night (Thursday) when United added to their collection by easing to Creake Charity Shield glory.
You may also want to watch:
Milton’s men beat fellow Division 1B side Chatteris Town Reserves 5-0 in a final staged at the GER in March.
United quickly took command thanks to goals from Foreman and Joe Bennett early in the first half.
- 1 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 10 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
Bennett then turned provider as Everett stretched the advantage in the second period before a deflected Foreman free-kick put the result beyond doubt.
Scott Lindsay added further gloss to the scoreline late on.