LOCAL FOOTBALL: It’s been a ‘mayor’ of a debut season for St Ives Rangers Reserves!
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Rangers Reserves are having a mayor!
Craig DuBose’s side have roared to Division 5B title glory in their debut Cambs League season.
They clinched the crown with three games to spare following a goalless draw against fellow promotion-chasers March Soccer School Academy last Saturday.
The Rangers lads were then presented with winners’ medals by mayor of St Ives, councillor Phil Pope when celebrating at The Haywain. The team is sponsored by the Constable Road pub.
DuBose said: “When we lost our first match 4-3 to AFC Christchurch – who were the highest-placed, non-promoted team from last season – I thought we would be promoted.
You may also want to watch:
“Winning the league with three matches to go has still somewhat exceeded my expectations, while the bond we have as a team on both sporting and personal levels has been wildly exceeded.
“Everyone plays for each other and is willing to do whatever it takes to help their team-mates.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 10 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
“If we can keep the squad together and add a few more players, we’ll be targeting promotion again next season.”