LOCAL FOOTBALL: Hunts FA investigating the abandonment of an Under 10 game involving two Eynesbury Rovers teams
- Credit: Archant
The Hunts FA are investigating the abandonment of an Under 10 football match on Saturday morning.
A Hunts Mini-Soccer League fixture between Eynesbury Rovers White and Eynesbury Rovers Blue at Hall Road had to be cut short.
Hunts FA secretary Mark Frost said: “It is always very disappointing to learn of a football match being abandoned – especially so when it is at Under 10 level.
“We will await the outcome of our investigation to decide what action we may need to take against those involved.”
The Hunts Post were alerted to the situation by an anonymous message received through our website. It claims that one of the teams involved was taken off the pitch, which led to the abandonment.
You may also want to watch:
Eynesbury Rovers chairman Matt Plumb revealed the club will look into the matter in addition to the Hunts FA probe.
He said: “The club is dealing with the matter internally and we will also co-operate fully with the Hunts FA as they investigate.”
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house