LOCAL FOOTBALL: Hunts FA investigating the abandonment of an Under 10 game involving two Eynesbury Rovers teams
- Credit: Archant
The Hunts FA are investigating the abandonment of an Under 10 football match on Saturday morning.
A Hunts Mini-Soccer League fixture between Eynesbury Rovers White and Eynesbury Rovers Blue at Hall Road had to be cut short.
Hunts FA secretary Mark Frost said: “It is always very disappointing to learn of a football match being abandoned – especially so when it is at Under 10 level.
“We will await the outcome of our investigation to decide what action we may need to take against those involved.”
The Hunts Post were alerted to the situation by an anonymous message received through our website. It claims that one of the teams involved was taken off the pitch, which led to the abandonment.
Eynesbury Rovers chairman Matt Plumb revealed the club will look into the matter in addition to the Hunts FA probe.
He said: “The club is dealing with the matter internally and we will also co-operate fully with the Hunts FA as they investigate.”
- 1 Evidence of Huntingdon's past revealed during excavations
- 2 BID's new Huntingdon town manager
- 3 Bypass and junction improvements preferred plan for St Ives
- 4 Camp Beagle protestor has charges against him dropped
- 5 St Neots man in court on drugs charges
- 6 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 9 Anglian Water seeks funding to secure the future of an ancient Sea Monster
- 10 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape