LOCAL FOOTBALL: Huntingdon United chasing another cup triumph
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon United are chasing more silverware next week.
Lee Milton’s side face Lakenheath Reserves in the final of the Percy Oldham Memorial Cup on Tuesday night.
The showpiece clash in the Cambs League competition for Kershaw Senior B Division teams is being staged at Newmarket Town FC.
Milton’s second-placed side will kick-off as firm favourites against third-bottom opponents, but he is taking nothing for granted as they bid to follow up their Creake Charity Shield triumph of last season.
He said: “We’re favourites based on the league table, but no so much on our current form.
You may also want to watch:
“We haven’t really played well since the turn of the year and we all know anything can happen in a cup final.
“We have struggled for availability during that time, but we’re now getting a lot of players back which will be a big help.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 9 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
United also travel to Lakenheath Reserves in a league fixture this Saturday and victory is a must after only collecting one point from their last two games.
“We’ve got 10 league games to go and we could end up having to win them all to go up,” added Milton.