SWIMMING: Terrific Thompson stars as St Neots Swans grab more county medals
- Credit: Archant
Ellie Thompson grabbed four gold medals as St Neots Swans enjoyed more success at the second day of the Cambridgeshire ASA County Development Championships.
Thompson triumphed in her 50m butterfly, 100m butterfly, 100m backstroke and 400m individual medley races. She also collected silver in the 200m individual medley during a fine individual display.
Thompson wasn’t alone in impressing as she formed part of a St Neots clean sweep in the latter event with Darcy Button winning gold and Hannah Williams bagging bronze.
Swans earned 23 medals in all with two further victories coming from Josh Needham (50m butterly and 100m backstroke). He also won bronze in the 200m freestyle.
Luca Strazzullo (200m individual medley and 200m freestle) completed a golden double of his own while Williams also won her 200m freestyle event.
You may also want to watch:
Other silver and bronze medals were secured for Swans by Jade-Lee Davis, James Brace, Thea Brace, Tilly Davis, Matthew Albone, Alice Jack and Alexia Gilbert.
Several swimmers achieved county qualification times while there were also a stack of personal bests.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
Sisters Hannah and Emily Williams also won silver and bronze medals apiece at the Rushden Open Sprint Meet held in Rugby.