ATHLETICS: Day to remember as BRJ triumph in 24-hour event
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon BRJ are celebrating major success in a gruelling event
The local club's eight-strong team triumphed in the Equinox 24 race - a 24-hour relay held at Belvoir Castle in Leicestershire.
Rob Farrant, John Uff, Shelley Duffy, Chirag Godhania, Andy Phillips, Marcela Gracova, John Spencer-Neill and Martin Dawe made up the successful BRJ squad who completed 31 of the 10km laps during the day-and-night slog.
They finished first out of a field of 113 entries in the 'large team' category and also took second place out of 909 teams overall.
Two Riverside Runners members finished in the top six at the Leighton 10 race.
You may also want to watch:
Adam Harris took third in 1:02.38 and Piers Serjeant finished sixth in 1:04.00.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k