SWIMMING: St Ives share the team spoils after grabbing 21 race successes in Fenland gala
St Ives shared the silverware following a fine performance in the Mendis Trophy Gala last Saturday.
The local talents shared top billing with Nowich Swans in the five-team event staged at Wisbech.
St Ives won 21 of the 48 races with James Quinn, Ciara Taylor and Olivia Smith all claiming two gold medals.
Cathy Thomson, Harper Jackson, Amy Coleman, Tom Davis, Tom Lucas, Evan Taylor, Janos Kadar, Fran Crocker, Toby Offord and Matt Hall were other triumphant swimmers in individual events.
St Ives also won three relays thanks to the Boys 15yrs 4-50m freestyle team (Offord, Lucas, Jackson and Quinn), the Women’s Open 4-50m freestyle squad (Crocket, Amy Coleman, Georgia Newstead and Thomson) and the Men’s Open 4-50m freestyle quarter of Tom Davis, Evan Taylor, Hall and Weatheritt.
You may also want to watch:
Newstead, Connor Brookes, Alfie Everett, Alfie Reeve, Isabel Pond, Millie Taylor, Kiera Mavin, Grace Iddon, Ewan Desborough, Harvey Woods, Will Coleman, Luke Tunstall, Georgia Sprawson, Anna Freeman, Georgia Spencer, Ciera Norman, Isabel Hemingway Stark and Lottie Flynn all won silver or bronze medals for St Ives.
They finished level with Norwich Swans on 179 points in the final standings. Hosts Wisbech were back in third with South Lincs and St Neots Swans also taking part.
- 1 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 2 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 3 Competition launched to name new St Ives park
- 4 New chief operating officer appointed at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 5 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 6 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 7 Letters to the Editor
- 8 Football club is now a mobile testing centre for coronavirus
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon