CRICKET: Eaton Socon youngsters on cloud nine again
- Credit: Archant
Eaton Socon continued their dominance of Under 9 cricket in Huntingdonshire – when being crowned county champions for the fifth time in six years.
The club’s Gold team saw off competition from Waresley Girls and Little Paxton at the group stage before beating Peterborough Town in the recent final at Huntingdon & District CC.
The young Eagles also won the South League title while the club’s Under 13s enjoyed success in eight-a-side and 11-a-side disciplines.
Eaton Socon boast a thriving junior section and club chairman Rob Ashwell said: “We have
“The club is in a strong position at all levels. Our senior first team has the youngest average age of any side in their division with many of the players having come through the Eaton Socon system.”
You may also want to watch:
The Eaton Under 9 Blacks and Under 11s also finished as runners-up in their leagues this summer.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess