Loadies Hockey Reports
St Neots III 3 South Hertfordshire II 1 ST NEOTS made hard work of their match against a tough Hertfordshire team who they struggled to break down. Saints tried to carry the ball up the pitch instead of playing their passing game, and took a while before
St Neots III 3 South Hertfordshire II 1
ST NEOTS made hard work of their match against a tough Hertfordshire team who they struggled to break down. Saints tried to carry the ball up the pitch instead of playing their passing game, and took a while before they opened the scoring as Juliana Dickinson fired home from a short corner. Meg Patrick put them two ahead after some improved passing play.
The visitors did not lose heart, and some good play and a fine solo run led to a couple of goals sneaking in to draw them level. The game looked set for a draw, but Patrick settled the game with a brilliant reverse stick flick.
Cambridge East Premier Division
You may also want to watch:
Huntingdon I 3 City of Peterborough III 2
HUNTINGDON fought hard to beat a Peterborough side that pressed forward from the start. Jackie O'Neil fired home against the run of play to put the hosts ahead, and Laura Randall bagged their second before the break.
- 1 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 4 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
The visitors scored their first after the interval, but Hunters pressed forward again and restored their advantage through Bernice Bales. Peterborough reduced the deficit with 10 minutes left to play but Hunters held on for the win.
East League Division One NW
St Ives I 0 Colchester I 1
ST IVES battled hard but were unable to take anything from league leaders Colchester at the Ivo. Ives handled most of the pressure but a defensive error saw the visitors 1-0 ahead at half time.
The hosts regained their momentum with some good attacking play in the second half as they applied the pressure in a physical game. They hit the post but were unable to score as the visitors won.
Cambridgeshire League Premier Division
Wisbech II 2 St Ives II 2
TEN-MAN St Ives got a good result at Wisbech, with their early first half pressure seeing Anne Selfe fire them ahead from open play. The hosts fought back and won several penalty corners, which finally resulted in them equalising.
The second half began with the visitors mis-hitting a penalty corner but some good recovery play saw Dori Jackman put them back into the lead. Wisbech continued to press and eventually drew level again, but some strong possessive play from Ives at the end of the game saw them hold out for the draw.