Record-breaking Beavis brothers guide Little Paxton to a stunning and historic victory
- Credit: Archant
If you wanted to see some record-breaking brothers playing cricket then Little Paxton was the place to be.
The Huntingdonshire Division Two South side were hosting Huntingdon Alliance for Indians at their Playing Field home.
They batted went on to make 209-6 in their 40 overs after being reduced to 40-4 at one stage.
That was thanks to a first half-century for Troy Beavis, eventually making his way to 67 not out at the end of the innings, and 49 from Amir Chowdury.
Beavis also managed to take 2-14 in reply as the visitors were left shellshocked and all out for a mere 32 in exactly nine overs.
You may also want to watch:
However, he couldn’t take the plaudits for the bowling display as it was brother Reece at the other end who did all the damage in an amazing spell.
Not only did he pick up a hat-trick along the way but he claimed a wonderful 8-14, the club’s best ever bowling figures.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding