Record-breaking Beavis brothers guide Little Paxton to a stunning and historic victory
- Credit: Archant
If you wanted to see some record-breaking brothers playing cricket then Little Paxton was the place to be.
The Huntingdonshire Division Two South side were hosting Huntingdon Alliance for Indians at their Playing Field home.
They batted went on to make 209-6 in their 40 overs after being reduced to 40-4 at one stage.
That was thanks to a first half-century for Troy Beavis, eventually making his way to 67 not out at the end of the innings, and 49 from Amir Chowdury.
Beavis also managed to take 2-14 in reply as the visitors were left shellshocked and all out for a mere 32 in exactly nine overs.
You may also want to watch:
However, he couldn’t take the plaudits for the bowling display as it was brother Reece at the other end who did all the damage in an amazing spell.
Not only did he pick up a hat-trick along the way but he claimed a wonderful 8-14, the club’s best ever bowling figures.
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life.
- 8 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 9 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years