Lee Clarke scores on St Neots debut
- Credit: Archant
Latest signing Lee Clarke hopes to enjoy more major success with St Neots Town.
The midfield ace made an immediate impact with a goal nine minutes into his debut last Saturday after arriving from Spalding United.
Clarke, who won the Conference South title with Welling and also skippered St Albans to promotion through the play-offs at that level, struck as the Saints saw off struggling Arlesey Town 3-0 at the Cozy Stadium last Saturday.
Mat-Mitchel King had already broken the deadlock before Clarke finished smartly and top-scorer Drew Roberts later sealed victory midway through the second half.
The win left Saints in the thick of the Southern League Premier Division promotion race and Clarke said: “A goal early in my debut wasn’t a bad way to start - I just hope I haven’t peaked too soon!
“The play-offs are definitely the aim and I will do everything I possibly can to help us get there. We have games to come against the teams around us so it is in our hands.
“It will take a lot of hard work between now and the end of the season, but the club has got what is needed to progress. The infrastructure and facilities are probably the best of any club I’ve been at in non-league.”
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Plans for new Pightle land in Eaton Socon after generous donation
- 6 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 7 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 8 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 9 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 10 Buckden children raise a whopping £1,313.60 at cake sale
St Neots were due to travel to Hungerford last night (Tuesday) ahead of a visit to next-to-bottom Burnham on Saturday.