Lee Clarke scores on St Neots debut
- Credit: Archant
Latest signing Lee Clarke hopes to enjoy more major success with St Neots Town.
The midfield ace made an immediate impact with a goal nine minutes into his debut last Saturday after arriving from Spalding United.
Clarke, who won the Conference South title with Welling and also skippered St Albans to promotion through the play-offs at that level, struck as the Saints saw off struggling Arlesey Town 3-0 at the Cozy Stadium last Saturday.
Mat-Mitchel King had already broken the deadlock before Clarke finished smartly and top-scorer Drew Roberts later sealed victory midway through the second half.
The win left Saints in the thick of the Southern League Premier Division promotion race and Clarke said: “A goal early in my debut wasn’t a bad way to start - I just hope I haven’t peaked too soon!
You may also want to watch:
“The play-offs are definitely the aim and I will do everything I possibly can to help us get there. We have games to come against the teams around us so it is in our hands.
“It will take a lot of hard work between now and the end of the season, but the club has got what is needed to progress. The infrastructure and facilities are probably the best of any club I’ve been at in non-league.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
St Neots were due to travel to Hungerford last night (Tuesday) ahead of a visit to next-to-bottom Burnham on Saturday.