Ladies taste golf success in Norfolk
THE Cambs and Hunts women’s second team tasted success for the first time this season with a 5�-3� victory against Norfolk seconds at Sheringham Golf Club.
In wet and windy conditions the team got off to a solid start in the morning foursomes with wins for Sharren Kjenstad (Ramsey) and Tina Broadley (Ely City), and Grace Eastment and Bethany Peckham (Menzies) for a 2-1 lead.
Broadley increased the lead when she gained a 2&1 victory in the top singles match, with Eastment adding a valuable half. Norfolk responded by winning the next two matches to level the score, but Lesley Ince (Brampton Park) and Peckham, making a welcome return to the team, each recorded 5&3 wins to clinch the points for a 5�-3� match score.
CAMBS AND HUNTS VETERANS V SUFFOLK VETERANS
CAMBS and Hunts Veterans reversed last year’s result with a 3-1 victory over Suffolk Veterans in their annual match at Gog Magog Golf Club.
In ideal conditions Mo Poole (Brampton Park) and Greta Barclay (Ely City) lost an early lead but regained the initiative to win two up. Suffolk levelled the match score when Polly Brown (Gogs) and Robin Gotobed (Links) just lost out in a closely fought match.
Linda Kelsey (Saffron Walden) and Grace Eastment (Menzies) restored the lead in another close match, finishing two up.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 6 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 7 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
In the final match Captain Liz Smith (Ely City) and Rosemary Farrow (St Neots) continued their unbeaten run with an excellent 7&5 win to clinch a 3-1 match result.