LADIES RUGBY: It’s a fine first day at the office for new St Neots team
- Credit: Archant
The new St Neots Ladies team could hardly have made a more impressive start to life.
They roared to a 67-5 victory against a far more experienced Royston side in their first outing, at The Common, last Sunday.
St Neots certainly didn’t look like a team who only started training together three months ago, under the leadership of player-coach Beth Robinson, as they ran in a stack of tries.
Vicky Wilkinson led the onslaught with four touch-downs while Robinson, Emily Miller, Harriet Emery, Kirsty Wilson and Hannah Gill also went over during a memorable debut display.
Robinson, who added a host of conversions, said: “We started training in October and in that short time we’ve grown to a team of 22 players, who are dedicated and passionate about the game.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve never seen a bunch of ladies so new to rugby play so well in their first match.
“I can’t wait to see what the future has in store for this team but it has been a pleasure to be the coach and play alongside this amazing bunch.”
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 5 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
The team are still keen to attract new players. They train at The Common on Tuesdays from 7pm. Further information available by emailing Beth Robinson at email@example.com