Ladies putt in a great display
IT WAS third time lucky for the ladies of Abbotsley Golf Club as they played in their third consecutive Jean Wilkinson trophy final. The Abbotsley golfers were up against St Neots in the final but managed to clinch the cup, which was played for at Girton.
IT WAS third time lucky for the ladies of Abbotsley Golf Club as they played in their third consecutive Jean Wilkinson trophy final.
The Abbotsley golfers were up against St Neots in the final but managed to clinch the cup, which was played for at Girton.
In the semi-final, Abbotsley proved too strong for Brampton Park, winning their first four match-ups to claim victory, while St Neots overcame Gog Magog in the other semi.
In an close final, Susan Fenwick won 6&4 against Helen Gillett to give Abbotsley the lead before Anne Chandler fought back to win 2&1 against Judith Ekins to increase the lead.
You may also want to watch:
St Neots golfer Chris Alborn scored her side's first point with a 4&3 win against Marie Bayes. Maureen Alderman from Abbotsley restored the two-point advantage when she defeated June Tibby 4&2.
St Neots again reduced the arrears when Val Knowles beat Lez Rawlings 2&1 but Vivien Ward sealed victory with a 1-up victory against Rita Neal.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
The final match between St Neots' Joan Cheeseman and Abbotsley's Ann Fiford was not played out, leaving the scoreline 4-2 to Abbotsley.
* Meanwhile, Abbotsley golfer Mary Thompson paired up with Alderman to win the C&H Ladies County Golf Association Autumn Foursomes at Saffron Walden.
The pairing recorded 33 points in both rounds of the Stableford format competition, seeing off the challenge of Saffron pair La Vern and Linda Kelsey.