LADIES FOOTBALL: St Ives Town excited by first taste of FA Cup action
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Town Ladies have a special start to the new season on Sunday – a first-ever SSE Women’s FA Cup outing.
Darren Marjoram’s side are away at Northamptonshire outfit Roade Ladies in the first qualifying round.
The tie kicks off the Saints’ third season of football and Marjoram revealed his players are excited by the challenge.
He said: “It’s hard to believe that just two years after the team was formed we’re now playing in the Women’s FA Cup!
“The players have worked unbelievably hard throughout pre-season to prepare for this game.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve been lucky to attract some excellent new players to the squad and we’re all looking forward to getting started.
“We’re all very proud to represent St Ives Town.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 10 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
The winners will then travel to either Sprowston or Wymondham in the second qualifying round.
St Ives play in the Cambs Women’s Premiership and will be out to better their fifth place of last term.
The club have also introduced a new development side for this season.
That team will play in the Cambs Women’s Championship South under the guidance of Lisa Trigg, the lady who has masterminded the magnificent success of St Ivo School on the national stage.