Kingsbury's late strike rescues points for Eynesbury
UCL DIVISION ONE: EYNESBURY ROVERS 2-1 BUGBROOKE ST MICHAELS || ANOTHER bumper Eynesbury crowd watched Rovers survive a dramatic 17 minutes of injury time to make it two wins from two. The teams were separated by Barry Albone s 40th minute goal as they he
UCL DIVISION ONE: EYNESBURY ROVERS 2-1 BUGBROOKE ST MICHAELS ||
ANOTHER bumper Eynesbury crowd watched Rovers survive a dramatic 17 minutes of injury time to make it two wins from two.
The teams were separated by Barry Albone's 40th minute goal as they headed into the 15th minute of injury time at the end of the game.
Bugbrooke's Glen Smith stepped up to score a free kick that seemed set to break Eynesbury hearts, but incredibly there was still time for Rovers to respond.
You may also want to watch:
Rovers surged forward a minute later and won a corner from which Scott Kingsbury hit the winner that turned the game back in Rovers' favour.
"I don't know what was going on with the timing," said Rovers boss Matt Plumb. "There must have been some confusion between the referee and his assistant, because I don't know where that amount of time came from.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
"But that doesn't explain the complacent way we played. We could have played on for hours and we still wouldn't have performed. We got involved with them, and didn't concentrate on playing our football.
"We were very disappointing: the only thing we can take from the game is the fact that we still managed to get the three points.