King in World Cup team
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Huntingdon man Danny King has been named in the Great Britain side to race in Event Two of the World Cup.
King has made the final four-man team selected by national boss Alun Rossiter from a provisional 10-rider squad.
Great Britain face Australia, America and Latvia at King’s Lynn on June 8 with only the winners guaranteed a place in the final five days later.
King was part of the GB team which finished last in the final in 2014 and Rossiter feels he has done enough to retain his place.
Rossiter said: “Danny is riding well enough of late to deserve his inclusion. He’s been there, done it, got the t-shirt at this level and his experience could be very important.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re looking for him to make that next little step up this year though and I will be very happy for Danny if he manages to do that.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer