TENNIS: Doubles delight and super Seniors performances
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon Tennis Club members from opposite ends of the age spectrum have produced excellent performances in recent weeks.
Neha Kibria and Natasha Scott triumphed in the 18 & Under Doubles at the Cambridge LTC Easter Open - an event for which they were the top seeds.
And clubmate Pat Forster enjoyed success in the English Seniors Indoor Championships where she finished as runner-up in singles and doubles competitions.
Forster was beaten 6-2, 6-2 by Hazel Lindfield in the Over 60 singles final while the Huntingdon lady and partner Susan Mitchell went down 6-3, 5-7, 6-0 in the doubles showpiece to Gill Dickey and Sally Holmes.
And while Forster was only a whisker away from glory in the senior ranks, a group of Huntingdon stars of the future enjoyed a successful start to their team tennis careers.
The club's new Eight & Under 'B' team beat David Lloyd (Peterborough) 12-4 and Cambourne LTC 16-0 in recent matches.
Huntingdon Tennis Club are staging a free taster session for players of all ages and abilities this Sunday (2pm to 4pm) at their St Peters Road base.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 7 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 9 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 10 Two year ban on begging for these six