LOCAL FOOTBALL: King claims two awards after Brampton’s best season
- Credit: Archant
Defender Cavan King scooped two awards at Cambs League top-flight club Brampton’s presentation night.
King won the players’ player and most improved accolades at the bash at The Black Bull in Godmanchester recently.
Chris Newton won the manager’s player prize following the club’s best-ever season as they finished third in the Kershaw Premier Division.
Reserve team awards went to Liam Smith (players’ player), Chris Weitzel (manager’s player) and Jordan Locke (most improved).
Treasurer and fundraiser Graham Rouse received the club-person of the year gong and first-team boss Wayne Ambler received the Marshall Peugeot Shield which highlights outstanding work for the club.
You may also want to watch:
Mary Sere was presented with flowers as a token of appreciation for washing the club’s kits for 32 years.
Brampton are looking for a new manager for their reserve team in Division 2B. Anyone interested can contact Adam Burnley on 07554 426475.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service