JUNIOR TRIATHLON: Liam leads the way with super success at Saffron Walden
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri ace Liam Conway powered to glory in the Walden Junior Triathlon last Sunday.
The Eastern League event at Saffron Walden attracted more than 300 entrants, but none were more impressive than the 10 year-old, who finished almost a minute clear of his closest rival in the Tristar 1 Boys section.
Beatrice Pauley earned an award for her fourth spot in the Tristar 3 race. She was the fastest finisher from that bracket’s younger year.
Freddie Spavins (5th in Tristar 1 Boys), Ruby O’Dell (8th in Tristart Girls) and Havana Miller (10th in Youth Female) also collected top-10 finishes.
Florence Gosling was 13th in Tristart Girls as she completed her first triathlon. Nathan Oakley-Mudge (29th) and Joshus Gardner (36th) also raced in the Tristar 1 section.
You may also want to watch:
Jemima Davey (17th in Tristar 1 Girls) and Ed Cochrane (12th in Tristar 3) were other BRJ members in action.
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 10 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.