JUNIOR TRIATHLON: Liam leads the way with super success at Saffron Walden
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri ace Liam Conway powered to glory in the Walden Junior Triathlon last Sunday.
The Eastern League event at Saffron Walden attracted more than 300 entrants, but none were more impressive than the 10 year-old, who finished almost a minute clear of his closest rival in the Tristar 1 Boys section.
Beatrice Pauley earned an award for her fourth spot in the Tristar 3 race. She was the fastest finisher from that bracket’s younger year.
Freddie Spavins (5th in Tristar 1 Boys), Ruby O’Dell (8th in Tristart Girls) and Havana Miller (10th in Youth Female) also collected top-10 finishes.
Florence Gosling was 13th in Tristart Girls as she completed her first triathlon. Nathan Oakley-Mudge (29th) and Joshus Gardner (36th) also raced in the Tristar 1 section.
You may also want to watch:
Jemima Davey (17th in Tristar 1 Girls) and Ed Cochrane (12th in Tristar 3) were other BRJ members in action.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry