Junior League Two North B
Needingworth beat Over II by 60 runs NEEDINGWORTH finally got their season under-way on Saturday after all their May fixtures were rained off. Needingworth won the toss decided to bat first, making good use of the conditions to put on 225 for six.
Needingworth beat Over II by 60 runs
NEEDINGWORTH finally got their season under-way on Saturday after all their May fixtures were rained off.
Needingworth won the toss decided to bat first, making good use of the conditions to put on 225 for six.
Despite losing S McCarthy for a duck, the Needingworth stayed calm to gradually pile on the runs.
You may also want to watch:
M Sirot-Smith, batting at two, made a solid 41 and S Mitcham made 44 in the middle-order, while G Biddle's 61 unbeaten was the best score of the innings.
S Buck's figures of two for 15 from three overs was the highlight of the Over bowling.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
Once at the crease, Over made a stuttering start to their innings.
Opener L Cook made 18 but the first seven wickets fell for only 86 runs to put Needingworth firmly in control.
Sunni Mohammed's 31 and J Way's 38 late on kept Over's hopes alive, but the Needingworth bowling attack proved too strong.
Over were all out for 165, with G Morris' four for 33 from nine overs being the best bowling figures for Needingworth.