Junior League Two North B
Needingworth beat Over II by 60 runs NEEDINGWORTH finally got their season under-way on Saturday after all their May fixtures were rained off. Needingworth won the toss decided to bat first, making good use of the conditions to put on 225 for six.
Needingworth beat Over II by 60 runs
NEEDINGWORTH finally got their season under-way on Saturday after all their May fixtures were rained off.
Needingworth won the toss decided to bat first, making good use of the conditions to put on 225 for six.
Despite losing S McCarthy for a duck, the Needingworth stayed calm to gradually pile on the runs.
M Sirot-Smith, batting at two, made a solid 41 and S Mitcham made 44 in the middle-order, while G Biddle's 61 unbeaten was the best score of the innings.
S Buck's figures of two for 15 from three overs was the highlight of the Over bowling.
- 1 Ramsey fire-fighters refill Horse Pond with water to save fish
- 2 Principal at St Ivo Academy 'so proud' of students A-level achievements
- 3 Hinchingbrooke School receive improved A-Level results
- 4 Abbey College students celebrate 'fantastic' set of A-Level results
- 5 Nearly half of Kimbolton students receive A or A* grades in A-level results
- 6 Longsands Sixth Form students celebrating 'fantastic' A-level results
- 7 Pub regulars celebrate life of former landlord who died during pandemic
- 8 Cambridgeshire students set to receive their A-level exam results
- 9 Sawtry Village Academy 'incredibly proud' of all Sixth Form students
- 10 Which Thameslink trains are running during the RMT strike?
Once at the crease, Over made a stuttering start to their innings.
Opener L Cook made 18 but the first seven wickets fell for only 86 runs to put Needingworth firmly in control.
Sunni Mohammed's 31 and J Way's 38 late on kept Over's hopes alive, but the Needingworth bowling attack proved too strong.
Over were all out for 165, with G Morris' four for 33 from nine overs being the best bowling figures for Needingworth.