TRIATHLON: Elliott excels in Essex, Chapman and Hathaway star in Lincolnshire, Maukonen shines in Yorkshire
- Credit: Archant
Young Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri talent Lauren Elliott claimed a fine second place in the East Essex Junior Triathlon at the weekend.
Elliott was runner-up in the youth category at the event in Basildon which was the third round of the Eastern Region League.
Clubmate Liam Conway only just missed out on making it a BRJ podium double when finishing fourth in the TriStar 2 section.
Senior BRJ members have also tackled triathlon events in recent days.
Josh Chapman was sixth overall in an Olympic distance event (1,500m swim, 40km cycle, 10km run) at Tallington Lakes, in Lincolnshire, yesterday
He finished in two hours and 20 minutes to also take fourth place in his age group.
Stuart Hathaway took part in the sprint event (750m swim, 20km cycle, 5km run) to finish 12th overall. His time of one hour and 27 minutes secured second spot in his age bracket.
- 1 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 2 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 3 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 4 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 5 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 6 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 7 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 8 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 9 Mayor in heated clash with East Cambs Council leader
- 10 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
Paulus Maukonen took third place in his age group at the Freebird Falcon Tri in Yorkshire the previous day.
He completed the middle distance event, which featured a 1,900m swim, 90km cycle and 21km run, in five hours and 29 minutes. That earned 31st place overall.