TRIATHLON: Elliott excels in Essex, Chapman and Hathaway star in Lincolnshire, Maukonen shines in Yorkshire
- Credit: Archant
Young Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri talent Lauren Elliott claimed a fine second place in the East Essex Junior Triathlon at the weekend.
Elliott was runner-up in the youth category at the event in Basildon which was the third round of the Eastern Region League.
Clubmate Liam Conway only just missed out on making it a BRJ podium double when finishing fourth in the TriStar 2 section.
Senior BRJ members have also tackled triathlon events in recent days.
Josh Chapman was sixth overall in an Olympic distance event (1,500m swim, 40km cycle, 10km run) at Tallington Lakes, in Lincolnshire, yesterday
You may also want to watch:
He finished in two hours and 20 minutes to also take fourth place in his age group.
Stuart Hathaway took part in the sprint event (750m swim, 20km cycle, 5km run) to finish 12th overall. His time of one hour and 27 minutes secured second spot in his age bracket.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
Paulus Maukonen took third place in his age group at the Freebird Falcon Tri in Yorkshire the previous day.
He completed the middle distance event, which featured a 1,900m swim, 90km cycle and 21km run, in five hours and 29 minutes. That earned 31st place overall.