TRIATHLON: Elliott excels in Essex, Chapman and Hathaway star in Lincolnshire, Maukonen shines in Yorkshire
- Credit: Archant
Young Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri talent Lauren Elliott claimed a fine second place in the East Essex Junior Triathlon at the weekend.
Elliott was runner-up in the youth category at the event in Basildon which was the third round of the Eastern Region League.
Clubmate Liam Conway only just missed out on making it a BRJ podium double when finishing fourth in the TriStar 2 section.
Senior BRJ members have also tackled triathlon events in recent days.
Josh Chapman was sixth overall in an Olympic distance event (1,500m swim, 40km cycle, 10km run) at Tallington Lakes, in Lincolnshire, yesterday
He finished in two hours and 20 minutes to also take fourth place in his age group.
Stuart Hathaway took part in the sprint event (750m swim, 20km cycle, 5km run) to finish 12th overall. His time of one hour and 27 minutes secured second spot in his age bracket.
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 6 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 7 Buckfest named as Cambridgeshire's best festival
- 8 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 9 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
Paulus Maukonen took third place in his age group at the Freebird Falcon Tri in Yorkshire the previous day.
He completed the middle distance event, which featured a 1,900m swim, 90km cycle and 21km run, in five hours and 29 minutes. That earned 31st place overall.