Jump racing returns to Huntingdon Racecourse this Sunday
HUNTINGDON Racecourse is laying on a warm welcome for families at its opening jump racing fixture of the autumn on Sunday.
As well as six horse races, among the attractions for visitors are a free behind-the-scenes tour and the chance to test their jockey skills on a mechanical horse, plus a bouncy castle, inflatable basketball and a bungee trampoline in the Main Enclosure.
The behind-the-scenes tour – organised by the British Horseracing Education & Standards Trust – begins at 12.50pm outside the weighing room.
As Sunday is Freebets.co.uk family day, there is an advance tickets offer - �10 admission (a reduction of �5), quoting ‘tenner’ when booking by telephone on 0844 579 3007 or online at www.huntingdon-racecourse.co.uk. Accompanied under 18s are free.
The scheduled first race time is 2.30pm with gates open from 12.30pm. Adult admission into the Main Enclosure is �15, with accompanied under 18s entering free of charge.
Meanwhile, the racecourse has announced that it will stage 18 fixtures in 2013, one more than this year. The extra date is in September.
In one significant change, the racecourse will stage a ladies’ day in May rather than a ladies’ evening.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 6 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 7 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 8 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
2013 fixtures – January: Friday 11, Friday 25; (Feb) Thursday 7, Thursday 21; March – Sunday 3, Wednesday 13, Thursday 21; April – Monday 1; May – Wednesday 22; August – Monday 26; September – Monday 9; October – Sunday 6, Tuesday 15; November – Sunday 3, Tuesday 12, Saturday 23; December – Thursday 12, Thursday 26.