Joy for Jordan as ex-Eynesbury striker earns League One transfer
- Credit: Archant
A former Eynesbury Rovers talent is celebrating a Christmas Eve transfer to a League One club.
Attacking ace Jordan Nicholson, who scored 26 goals for Rovers in the United Counties League Premier Division last season, has earned a two-and-a-half year professional contract at Peterborough United.
Nicholson, 21, impressed while on trial with Posh earlier this week after attracting their attention with his exploits for Histon at Southern League Premier Division level where he has struck 15 times so far this season.
The move means Nicholson, who is from Godmanchester, has jumped up seven levels of English football in the space of seven months.
He went straight into the Posh squad when an unused substitute for their 2-0 victory over Chesterfield on Boxing Day.
You may also want to watch:
Nicholson becomes the second former Huntingdonshire hot-shot on Posh’s books along with ex-St Ives Town striker Conor Washington.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 9 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 10 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need