Jon Railton will be part of the Boast Plumbing Ducati Team as he aims for ucati TriOptions Cup title
- Credit: Archant
Jon Railton, The Hunts Post’s sports personality of 2013, will once again race a Ducati this season after just missing out on a title in his first outing for the motorcycle racing team.
Railton, Grafham’s 23-year-old rider, was second in the Ducati TriOptions Cup behind Irishman Marty Nutt, but the Huntingdonshire rider led the way for much of the campaign until a knee injury hampered his progress.
Railton said: “I am pleased to announce that in 2014 I have agreed to again ride for the Boast Plumbing Ducati Team.
“After a strong first season together I am confident that we will have the package to once again fight for the championship that we narrowly missed in 2013.”
The biggest change for this season is the introduction of the new 899 Panigale bike, which is Ducati’s new mid-range sports bike. This will race alongside the Ducati 848 in the Ducati TriOptions Cup.
You may also want to watch:
Railton added: “I am also pleased to announce that the majority of our partners from 2013 have continued their support into 2014. The plan for this season is to repay their loyalty with race wins.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k