MOTORSPORT: Guy hopes to be feeling Jolly following World Final
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon racer Guy Jolly is out to rule the world this weekend.
Jolly lines up in the Brisca V8 Stockcar World Final event at Skegness on Sunday - and he has high hopes of success.
The 29 year-old has enjoyed an excellent season and is determined to claim a prize currently missing from a CV stacked with other major honours.
"I've had a great run this season and qualified right near the front," said Jolly.
"It will be tough with the best drivers from the UK and a handful from Holland in front of me, but I know I'm capable of winning.
"It would be a dream come true for myself and my family, and reward for all the effort we have put in over the years."
Jolly won a world qualifier earlier in the year and has also earned third places in the European Championship and Supreme Championship events.
- 1 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 2 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 3 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 4 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 5 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 8 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 9 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 10 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
His previous best finishes in the World Final are sixth places in 2016 and 2018.