MOTORSPORT: Guy hopes to be feeling Jolly following World Final
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon racer Guy Jolly is out to rule the world this weekend.
Jolly lines up in the Brisca V8 Stockcar World Final event at Skegness on Sunday - and he has high hopes of success.
The 29 year-old has enjoyed an excellent season and is determined to claim a prize currently missing from a CV stacked with other major honours.
"I've had a great run this season and qualified right near the front," said Jolly.
"It will be tough with the best drivers from the UK and a handful from Holland in front of me, but I know I'm capable of winning.
You may also want to watch:
"It would be a dream come true for myself and my family, and reward for all the effort we have put in over the years."
Jolly won a world qualifier earlier in the year and has also earned third places in the European Championship and Supreme Championship events.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
His previous best finishes in the World Final are sixth places in 2016 and 2018.