Joint boss believes strikers will hit it off as Dubi Ogbonna joins James Hall in the St Neots Town attacking arsenal
- Credit: Archant
Joint boss Andy Davies believes St Neots Town now boast a strikeforce to rival any in the Southern League Premier Division.
Saints have followed up the recent capture of Cambridge City hot-shot James Hall by swooping for ex-Kettering Town frontman Dubi Ogbonna, pictured below.
And Davies is convinced the two new recruits can become a prolific pairing to fire Town up the table after the club flirtied with the drop last season.
Davies said: “I’ve known Dubi and his family since he was 12 years of age.
“He played for me at both Cambridge City and Cambridge United as a youngster, and we’ve kept in contact ever since.
You may also want to watch:
“He is a bit of a character who needs to be handled correctly, but he is also a terrific player who has scored goals at all the levels he has played at.
“I’m convinced Dubi and James will form a successful partnership which will be right up there with the best strikeforces in the Premier Division.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
Ogbonna, 24, has scored 38 goals during a near three-season stay at Premier Division rivals Kettering Town. He fell out of favour at the Northamptonshire club towards the end of last term.
Like new strike-partner Hall, he is returning for a second spell at St Neots. Ogbonna had a brief stint with the club back in 2012/13.
Ogbonna has also played for St Ives Town, Soham, Wisbech and Holbeach, and is reported to have attracted attention from professional clubs in both England and Scotland.
Hall struck 43 goals last season alone after starting out with Godmanchester Rovers before his February switch to Cambridge City.
One man not returning to St Neots is Adam Tann, who served as player/assistant manager to Davies, when he was interim boss, for the final four months of last season.
Tann has cited work commitments and a move away from the area as the reasons for his departure.
Saints have appointed Jessica Guthrie as their new physio. She joins from Godmanchester Rovers.
They have also added an extra summer friendly at home to Step 6 side Whittlesey Athletic.
It will take place at the Premier Plus Stadium on Tuesday, July 5.
The Saints squad began their pre-season schedule last Wednesday when being addressed by bosses Davies and O’Keefe on the club’s plans for 2016/17.