Jamie is streets ahead
St Ives racer Jamie Caldwell had to settle for third spot in his club s own road race, despite leading for much of the circuit. Caldwell, 17, lost out to Hertford s Trevor Burke in St Ives Cycling Club s Anglo-Polymers Road Race in the final. Poor conditi
St Ives racer Jamie Caldwell had to settle for third spot in his club's own road race, despite leading for much of the circuit.
Caldwell, 17, lost out to Hertford's Trevor Burke in St Ives Cycling Club's Anglo-Polymers Road Race in the final.
Poor conditions tested the mettle of the riders, though St Ives member Ralph Keeler managed to finish in sixth position overall.
Caldwell also finished in third position at an Ixworth meet earlier this month, where club mate Paul Verlander had finished second in the senior section.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, club veteran Dave Nelson picked up his first standard medal of the year in the Norland Combine 30-mile time trial.
n Club time trial results - Page 148.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages