James bags another major county crown
- Credit: Archant
James Reeson completed a major Cambridgeshire golf double on Sunday.
The Brampton Park player added the Cambridgeshire County Open to the county championship prize he won earlier this summer.
Reeson followed up a two-over-par 72 in his opening round at the Gog Magog Wandlebury course with a fine 68, which included four birdies and no dropped shots, to power to the top of the leaderboard.
Reeson, who will battle for a place on the European Tour when tackling the qualifying school later in the year, prevailed by one shot from Jason Boast and holder Stuart Brown.
St Neots youngster Aron Kumar won the John Durman Handicap Trophy with a net total of 141 – two shots clear of St Ives player Simon Russell.
You may also want to watch:
Other local scores from the Cambridgeshire County Open: Aron Kumar (St Neots) 75+72=147, Danny Loveday (St Neots) 73+76=149, Owen Davies (Brampton Pk) 76+74=150, Simon Russell (St Ives) 75+80=155, James Bradford (St Neots) 81+74=155, Mark Priestley (St Ives) 75+81=156, Alan Davie (St Neots) 82+77=159, Alex Jones (St Ives) 86-80=166, Paul Hodgkin (Ramsey) 79=87=166, Colin Mynott (St Neots) 82+85=167, Mike Gays (Brampton Pk) 77+90=167, James Hart (St Ives) 82+87=169.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed