Ives pay the price for poor finishing
Men s Friendlies St Ives II 0 Royston II 1 St Ives IV 0 Royston IV 3 ST IVES IV were punished for poor finishing as they were crushed at home by Royston on Saturday. The visitors went ahead in the first half after breaking down an Ives attack and scored
St Ives II 0 Royston II 1
St Ives IV 0 Royston IV 3
ST IVES IV were punished for poor finishing as they were crushed at home by Royston on Saturday. The visitors went ahead in the first half after breaking down an Ives attack and scored twice in the second half to secure the win. The Ives had plenty of chance but sent most of their shots straight at the opposition goalkeeper and they failed to convert their chances into goals.
You may also want to watch:
St Ives V 4 Shefford & Sandy IV 0
ST IVES V thrashed a young Shefford & Sandy team in this friendly on Saturday. Rob Brand gave the Ives an early lead after collecting a through ball, and Matt Jago added two more in the first half to give them a commanding lead at the interval. Mike England completed the scoring in the second half to wrap up the win for St Ives.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
St Neots III 2 Bishops Stortford IV 0
ST NEOTS managed to beat the only team that had taken points from them this season on Saturday. However, they did not have an easy game as many passes were wasted and the home side struggled to turn their dominance into goals. Debutant Kate Sutton enjoyed a good first half and Ali Stubbs broke the deadlock just before the interval.
The game was still being played at a slow pace as the second half got underway, but Stubbs broke through again to double the Saints' lead. They improved a little, but failed to score again and ended the game winning 2-0.
Berkhamsted & Hemel 0 St Neots II 3
ST NEOTS travelled to play Berkhamsted & Hemel who were propping up the league table on Saturday. The Saints fielded a side with young and old players, with several out of position, but came out firing and Rachel Nicholas opened the scoring in the first half. After the break, the home side pushed forward but two more goals from Vicky Wilkinson and Jenny Millward ensured St Neots had a happy trip home.