Ives boxer Chapman ready for zone finals
ST IVES ABC’s Bradley Chapman warmed up for this weekend’s zone finals by beating Ollie Hunt at the Eastern Counties Senior Novice ABA Championship held in Peterborough last weekend.
ST IVES ABC’s Bradley Chapman, pictured, warmed up for this weekend’s zone finals by beating Ollie Hunt at the Eastern Counties Senior Novice ABA Championship held in Peterborough last weekend.
The light-welterweight simply had too much for his Chalvedon ABC opponent, continually catching him with sharp counterpunches - including a long overhand right - and he cruised to a comfortable points victory to claim the under 63k Class B title.
Chapman now moves on to fight Guisa Warambwa of Moneyfields ABC in Brentwood on Saturday and Ives’ head coach Steve Whitwell is optimistic his charge will come out victorious - and seal a last-eight berth in the process.
He said: “We know nothing about his opponent, apart from the fact that he has only lost once as a senior.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re expect a tough bout to progress through to the quarter-finals but, with the form Chapman is showing, I am confident of success.”
Chapman will be joined at the Brentwood zone finals by team-mates Hayden Beasley, who looks to have a tough bout on his hands against last year’s Class A champion, Cheavon Clarke from Gravesham ABC, in the under-81kg class.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 9 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
Tersoo Sugden, meanwhile, boxes Nicholas Webb from Woking ABC in the over-91k division on the same night and all three will be looking to secure a place in the quarter-finals, which are being held in Peterborough on Sunday, November 28.
That comes the night immediately after St Ives ABC’s next show, which is being held in the Burgess Hall in St Ives on Saturday, November 27.
Doors open at 7pm and tickets are available at �10 each by calling Steve Whitwell on 07918 104819.