It’s ton-up for Godmanchester Rovers and a first loss for AFC Barley Mow
- Credit: Archant
Godmanchester Rovers powered through the century barrier during their latest success last night.
Matt Clements’ promotion-chasers took their Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division goal tally for the season to 105 in a 6-1 drubbing of Swaffham Town at the David Wilson Homes Ground.
Young striker Luke Brown led the latest goal spree with a hat-trick while Micky Hyem struck twice. Tom Spark also found the net.
Rovers remain third in the standings, five points behind second-placed Stanway and 13 points adrift of table-topping reigning champions Norwich United. They have matches in hand on both of those teams.
There was an unwanted piece of footballing history created last night at the Riverside in Huntingdon.
You may also want to watch:
AFC Barley Mow suffered their first-ever Cambs League defeat when going down 4-1 to Division 3B title rivals Upwell Town.
The loss arrived less than a week after the Barley boys had beaten the same opponents to win the John Ablett Cup and they meet again this Saturday in another league clash.
- 1 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 2 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 3 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 4 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 5 Fundraising campaign to help transform 'dangerous' garden for two children
- 6 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 7 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 8 St Neots woman to walk more than 800 miles for CPSL Mind
- 9 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 10 Golf Day raises more than £800 for CamSight
Needingworth United climbed to fifth spot in Kershaw Senior B Division with a 2-0 success against Witchford last night.
Tyler McEwen opened the scoring in the first half before Matthew Cox clinched victory with a quarter-of-an-hour to go.