It’s ton-up for Godmanchester Rovers and a first loss for AFC Barley Mow
- Credit: Archant
Godmanchester Rovers powered through the century barrier during their latest success last night.
Matt Clements’ promotion-chasers took their Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division goal tally for the season to 105 in a 6-1 drubbing of Swaffham Town at the David Wilson Homes Ground.
Young striker Luke Brown led the latest goal spree with a hat-trick while Micky Hyem struck twice. Tom Spark also found the net.
Rovers remain third in the standings, five points behind second-placed Stanway and 13 points adrift of table-topping reigning champions Norwich United. They have matches in hand on both of those teams.
There was an unwanted piece of footballing history created last night at the Riverside in Huntingdon.
You may also want to watch:
AFC Barley Mow suffered their first-ever Cambs League defeat when going down 4-1 to Division 3B title rivals Upwell Town.
The loss arrived less than a week after the Barley boys had beaten the same opponents to win the John Ablett Cup and they meet again this Saturday in another league clash.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
Needingworth United climbed to fifth spot in Kershaw Senior B Division with a 2-0 success against Witchford last night.
Tyler McEwen opened the scoring in the first half before Matthew Cox clinched victory with a quarter-of-an-hour to go.