It’s a happy new start for St Neots boss Batch
- Credit: Archant
New boss David Batch enjoyed a winning start to his St Neots Town reign on New Year’s Day.
Brothers Ryan and Nathan Frater both struck against their former club as the Saints swept to a 3-1 away success at Dunstable Town in the Southern Premier Division.
Ryan broke the deadlock when converting a Tom Ford corner early in the second half, but the lead was short-lived as the hosts levelled.
Sibling Nathan restored the advantage after being picked out by a cross from Drew Roberts and the top-scorer then clinched victory himself with his 20th league goal of the campaign.
Batch’s debut triumph leaves St Neots outside the play-off places due only to an inferior goal difference.
You may also want to watch:
It has been a miserable festive season on the pitch for St Ives.
Ricky Marheineke’s men suffered a second successive Southern League Division One Central defeat when being beaten 2-0 at Bedford Town yesterday.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house