It’s a grid day out for our winners
PICTURED are the lucky winners of the Hunts Post Lola Cars competition. Five winners, plus guests took a behind-the-scenes peek at the Lola factory in Glebe Road, Huntingdon last week. Lola has been manufacturing cars to compete in races from Formula 1 to
PICTURED are the lucky winners of the Hunts Post Lola Cars competition.
Five winners, plus guests took a behind-the-scenes peek at the Lola factory in Glebe Road, Huntingdon last week.
Lola has been manufacturing cars to compete in races from Formula 1 to Le Mans for almost 50 years.
The tour of the site included a look at the design office, wind tunnel and a demonstration of a Formula 3 car in the company car park.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors then had the opportunity to watch a pit stop before chatting to Formula 3 drivers Martin Kudzak and Cristiano Morgado, who signed autographs.
Competition winner Geoff Jones brought his son Matthew to look around the factory. He said: "It's been very interesting for an armchair motor racing fan like me to come and have a look at all the technology that's on our doorstep."
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
Fellow winner Philip Mellor said: "I was fortunate enough to come and have a look around in the late eighties and the difference from then to now is astonishing.
"Computer technology has advanced the sport so far, when I was last here they were still making models out of wood!"
DRIVING FORCE: Hunts Post competition winners with Formula 3 drivers Cristiano Morgado (left) and Martin Kudzak (right)
Picture: HUNTS POST