It’s a Closed shop as Brampton Park pair do a Midlands double
- Credit: Archant
Brampton Park duo James Reeson and Owen Davies completed a notable double-success in the Midland Closed Championships last weekend.
Reeson topped the leaderboard at Hinckley GC in Leicestershire to take individual honours with a 36-hole tally of 143 – one over par.
He carded a new course-record 67 in the opening round and maintained his advantage with a 76 in the second round to lift the trophy at the first attempt.
Brampton Park clubmate Davies produced rounds of 76 and 81 for a 15-over total of 151 and a share of 28th place in the individual standings.
But their combined total of +16 was enough to secure the team prize by seven shots from Enville GC, with Atherstone GC a further five shots back in third.
You may also want to watch:
The latest successes continue a fine run for the Brampton Park pair.
They retained their Cambridgeshire Area Golf Union Foursomes crown at Ely GC a fortnight earlier after fighting it out between themselves for the Hunstanton Bowl title in April.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
Reeson eventually prevailed on a second play-off hole in the Norfolk seaside town in April.
Reeson is no stranger to success after his own slice of CAGU history last summer when becoming the first player ever to complete the treble of Cambridgeshire Chmpionships, Cambridgeshire Open and Wheeler Salver titles.