It’s a case of Saint Michael as Hyem joins the Town revolution
- Credit: Archant
Midfield star Micky Hyem has become the latest player to tread the familiar path between Godmanchester Rovers and St Neots Town this summer.
Hyem has followed the lead of former team-mates Jonny Hall, Taylor Parr and Tom Spark in stepping up two levels to join Southern League Premier Division side Saints.
“I very much expect Micky to be our final signing of the summer,” said St Neots joint boss Andy Davies. “And we had to fend off interest from other Step 3 clubs to get him.
“He is a tough-tackling and hard-working midfield player who is also very good on the ball.
“He has showed in the last few seasons that he can play higher than Step 5 and he now has the opportunity to prove it.”
Hyem won’t be fit for the start of the new season after recently undergoing surgery on a broken cheekbone.
He is likely to available in mid-August.
- 1 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 2 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 3 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 4 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 5 7 of the most beautiful churches in Cambridgeshire
- 6 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 7 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
- 8 Part of The Busway set for weekend closure with diversions near St Ives
- 9 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
- 10 Beagle puppies freed at MBR Acres after second day of action
St Neots host Aveley in a friendly at the Premier Plus Stadium tomorrow, 2pm kick-off.