It’s a case of Saint Michael as Hyem joins the Town revolution
- Credit: Archant
Midfield star Micky Hyem has become the latest player to tread the familiar path between Godmanchester Rovers and St Neots Town this summer.
Hyem has followed the lead of former team-mates Jonny Hall, Taylor Parr and Tom Spark in stepping up two levels to join Southern League Premier Division side Saints.
“I very much expect Micky to be our final signing of the summer,” said St Neots joint boss Andy Davies. “And we had to fend off interest from other Step 3 clubs to get him.
“He is a tough-tackling and hard-working midfield player who is also very good on the ball.
“He has showed in the last few seasons that he can play higher than Step 5 and he now has the opportunity to prove it.”
You may also want to watch:
Hyem won’t be fit for the start of the new season after recently undergoing surgery on a broken cheekbone.
He is likely to available in mid-August.
- 1 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 2 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 3 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 4 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service
- 5 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 6 New 'Uber' style bus service TING to launch this month
- 7 St Neots man sets new world record for visiting the most pubs in 24 hours
- 8 Man in critical condition due to collision on London Road in St Ives
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 St Ives town mayor welcomes visitors to Michaelmas Fair
St Neots host Aveley in a friendly at the Premier Plus Stadium tomorrow, 2pm kick-off.