ATHLETICS: Medal success for Hunts AC and Riverside Runners, and a fine finish for a BRJ man, at Bedford 10k
- Credit: Archant
Hunts AC collected senior men’s team honours at the Bedford 10k yesterday.
Mark Barry led the local side with a sixth-placed finish in a personal best of 34.19 – one place and one second ahead of clubmate Ty Farrer in another new best.
Rod Mckee (26th, 37.03) and Sean Barker (37th, 37.52) completed the victorious Hunts AC quartet.
Caroline King claimed an individual medal when second in the veteran women’s bracket in 43.56 – a time that earned 125th place overall.
Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri man Dave Hudson finished third in 32.20 with four other BRJ runners also taking part.
You may also want to watch:
Neil Jarvis was 59th in 39.59, Edward Brand finished 164th in 45.53, Tom Brand clocked 51.23 for 313rd place and Amanda Stone was 782nd in 1:14.48.
Maurice Hemmingway took the MV60 age-group honours in 43.44 for Riverside Runners. Adam Harris (40.24), Gareth Thomas (41.08), Scarlett Dalrymple (42.13) and Gavin Osborn (42.29) were other members to that club to participate.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'