ATHLETICS: Individual and team success as Hunts AC star in the Sportshall
- Credit: Archant
Hunts AC enjoyed success at the Cambridgeshire Sportshall Championships.
The local club sent a 30-strong squad to the recent event at Cambridge University Indoor Sports Centre and half of their athletes earned the right to represent the county next year.
They enjoyed individual and team success in the Under 13 girls category where Willow Bedding (8.54m) and Tamzin Digpal-Race (8.37m) earned a one-two in the shot-putt.
Moria Howard added a victory in the speed bounce event before all three girls teamed up with Tolu Akinkuolie to win the circuit relay. Bedding and Elizabeth Scott also triumphed in the paarlauf relay.
Other successes came in the Under 11 Girls category where Hollie Baynes completed an honours double in the vertical jump and the chest press.
You may also want to watch:
And she enjoyed more glory when combining with Evie Flockhart, Molly Webster and Jean Cooper in the circuit relay.
Elliot Sly won the balance test at Under 11 Boys level.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
Thomas Portieri, George Jennings, Sly and Max Carrington (all Under 11 Boys); Baynes, Flockhart, Grace Hart and Elouise Warman (Under 11 Girls); Lennon Hyde, Aaron Hawkins and Toby Carroll (Under 13 Boys) and Bedding, Howard, Akinkuolie and Digpal-Race (Under 13 Girls) will now represent Cambridgeshire in the Inter-Counties Sportshall meet in February.