CYCLOCROSS: Three podium finishes for St Ives riders as they do battle in two different leagues
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Cycling Club riders claimed podium finishes in two leagues last weekend.
Ralf Falkner took third place in the Under 14 Boys race as the Milton Keynes Bowl provided the stage for the latest Central League round.
His brother, Max, battled to fifth place at Under 16 Boys level despite being involved in a crash which left him unable to change gears.
Dominic Pauley – sixth in the Under 14 Boys contest – was another top-10 finisher for St Ives while Cora Wood was a whisker away from doing that when 11th in the Under 10 Girls event.
Jacob Wood (21st, Under 14 Boys) and Leo Falkner (42nd, Veteran Male) were others in action.
You may also want to watch:
Orla Kenna and Angus Lawrence starred in the Eastern League at Princess Helena College in Preston, Hertfordshire.
Kenna took second spot in the Under 12 Girls race while Lawrence finished third in the Under 16 Boys bracket.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
Cecilia Hime also impressed with fifth place in the Senior Women race while Aron O’Connor was 10th in the Under 12 Boys category.