CYCLOCROSS: Three podium finishes for St Ives riders as they do battle in two different leagues
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Cycling Club riders claimed podium finishes in two leagues last weekend.
Ralf Falkner took third place in the Under 14 Boys race as the Milton Keynes Bowl provided the stage for the latest Central League round.
His brother, Max, battled to fifth place at Under 16 Boys level despite being involved in a crash which left him unable to change gears.
Dominic Pauley – sixth in the Under 14 Boys contest – was another top-10 finisher for St Ives while Cora Wood was a whisker away from doing that when 11th in the Under 10 Girls event.
Jacob Wood (21st, Under 14 Boys) and Leo Falkner (42nd, Veteran Male) were others in action.
Orla Kenna and Angus Lawrence starred in the Eastern League at Princess Helena College in Preston, Hertfordshire.
Kenna took second spot in the Under 12 Girls race while Lawrence finished third in the Under 16 Boys bracket.
- 1 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 6 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 7 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 8 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Buckden man gives his 100th blood donation
Cecilia Hime also impressed with fifth place in the Senior Women race while Aron O’Connor was 10th in the Under 12 Boys category.