CYCLOCROSS: Three podium finishes for St Ives riders as they do battle in two different leagues
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Cycling Club riders claimed podium finishes in two leagues last weekend.
Ralf Falkner took third place in the Under 14 Boys race as the Milton Keynes Bowl provided the stage for the latest Central League round.
His brother, Max, battled to fifth place at Under 16 Boys level despite being involved in a crash which left him unable to change gears.
Dominic Pauley – sixth in the Under 14 Boys contest – was another top-10 finisher for St Ives while Cora Wood was a whisker away from doing that when 11th in the Under 10 Girls event.
Jacob Wood (21st, Under 14 Boys) and Leo Falkner (42nd, Veteran Male) were others in action.
You may also want to watch:
Orla Kenna and Angus Lawrence starred in the Eastern League at Princess Helena College in Preston, Hertfordshire.
Kenna took second spot in the Under 12 Girls race while Lawrence finished third in the Under 16 Boys bracket.
- 1 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 2 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 3 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 4 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 5 Stuie Delf launches new fundraising campaign in memory of his brother
- 6 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Letter of the Week: 'Could we sue stores who don't enforce mask wearing'?
- 9 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 10 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
Cecilia Hime also impressed with fifth place in the Senior Women race while Aron O’Connor was 10th in the Under 12 Boys category.