Fenstanton and Peterborough Polonia serving up a tasty title race in Hunts Youth League
- Credit: TIM GOODE/PA
The Hunts Youth League U13 League A title is providing a dramatic race with Fenstanton and Peterborough Polonia slugging it out like a pair of heavyweight boxers.
The pair meet on Saturday in what should be a winner-takes-all clash but with what has gone already, that may not be the case.
Fenstanton had the advantage after a 3-1 win over Blunham, Kian Rice getting two goals, one in either half, and Joshua Pakes the other, but they let their stranglehold slip in their latest outing.
Pakes scored in that one too but it ended in a 3-1 loss to Godmanchester Rovers White , Ellis Smith getting a brace and Clayton Palmer one.
Polonia meanwhile were eager to take charge and a battling 3-2 success away to Somersham Town has put them in the driving seat.
Somersham actually took the lead twice with a double for Harry Glanfield and it was only in the last 10 minutes that Polonia bagged the winner.
They are still three points adrift of Fenstanton but have two games in hand, not withstanding Saturday's big meeting.
- 1 New garden village on outskirts of St Neots will bring 10,000 homes
- 2 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 3 Notice served to remove travellers from school site
- 4 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 5 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 6 Mum's donation to thank 'incredible' midwives and maternity staff
- 7 Check out our photo gallery of cute family pets
- 8 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 9 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl