Hunts youngsters hit winning form in style
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdonshire Under 11s are celebrating two triumphs in the space of just five days.
The local lads delivered a 10-wicket drubbing to Bedfordshire before following up with a 43-run success at Essex.
Ethan Rice set the tone for the destruction of Beds by taking a wicket with the first ball of the match. Jack Brumfield then took four wickets in the space of 12 balls on his way to figures of 4-7 before spinners Rohan Kundaje (3-5) and Olly Jefferies (2-1) got in on the act to skittle Beds for 48.
Will Paul (26no) and Hashim Hussain (16no) guided Hunts to victory without losing a wicket.
Due to Essex being a first-class county, Hunts lined up against their Under 10 team in the hope of creating an even contest.
Hunts batted well on a damp wicket to reach 152-6 with skipper Jefferies and Brumfield top-scoring with knocks of 22.
And they always looked in control with the ball as Abassi (2-5), Kundaje (2-8) and Brumfield (2-9) impressed.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 4 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
Hunts had suffered narrow defeats in their two previous games - going down by nine runs against Buckinghamshire and 23 runs against Cambridgeshire.
Abassi hit 32 in the latter game.