Hunts youngsters hit winning form in style
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdonshire Under 11s are celebrating two triumphs in the space of just five days.
The local lads delivered a 10-wicket drubbing to Bedfordshire before following up with a 43-run success at Essex.
Ethan Rice set the tone for the destruction of Beds by taking a wicket with the first ball of the match. Jack Brumfield then took four wickets in the space of 12 balls on his way to figures of 4-7 before spinners Rohan Kundaje (3-5) and Olly Jefferies (2-1) got in on the act to skittle Beds for 48.
Will Paul (26no) and Hashim Hussain (16no) guided Hunts to victory without losing a wicket.
Due to Essex being a first-class county, Hunts lined up against their Under 10 team in the hope of creating an even contest.
You may also want to watch:
Hunts batted well on a damp wicket to reach 152-6 with skipper Jefferies and Brumfield top-scoring with knocks of 22.
And they always looked in control with the ball as Abassi (2-5), Kundaje (2-8) and Brumfield (2-9) impressed.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
Hunts had suffered narrow defeats in their two previous games - going down by nine runs against Buckinghamshire and 23 runs against Cambridgeshire.
Abassi hit 32 in the latter game.