Hunts Tang Soo Do team returns triumphant from the north
MARTIAL ARTS CHAMPIONS: Martial artists from the Huntingdonshire Tang Soo Do clubs returned from the Northern Regional Championships with a stack of medals and cups. The competition was held at Eston Sports Academy near Middlesbrough on September 27 and
MARTIAL ARTS CHAMPIONS: Martial artists from the Huntingdonshire Tang Soo Do clubs returned from the Northern Regional Championships with a stack of medals and cups.
The competition was held at Eston Sports Academy near Middlesbrough on September 27 and was the first to be hosted by the Northern Tang Soo Do clubs.
It was open to juniors and adults up to, and including, first dan black belt and more than 250 competitors took part.
The Alconbury, St Ives and Huntingdon members fought well against tough competition, gaining many first, second and third places.
Top performers were Ruth Thorneycroft who won a second in sparring in her first competition, Matt Thorneycroft who placed first in forms and second in fighting, and Zhane Lister who got two firsts and a second.
From Grafham, Thomas Clint-Morgan took a first in weapons, Martin Doughty took a first and second and Alistair Brydon gained a first in sparring.
- 1 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 6 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 7 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 8 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 9 Buckden man gives his 100th blood donation
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
In the black belt junior categories Safiya Khan won a first in fighting, a second in weapons and a third in forms, and Katie Stead took third in weapons and firsts in forms and fighting.
From further afield, Matthew Wallace of Mildenhall club, and trained by Huntingdon's Ashley Robertson, gained three firsts and the Grand Champions Cup.
INFORMATION: Huntingdon TSD train at Huntingdon Leisure Centre on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7pm to 9pm. To find out more, phone 01480 451621.