Hunts squad a hit during island adventure
A GROUP of young cricketers have returned from the Channel Islands after representing Huntingdonshire. The U14 squad travelled to play in the Jersey Cricket Festival last week, taking on teams from the Isle of Wight, Channel Islands and Norfolk. The festi
A GROUP of young cricketers have returned from the Channel Islands after representing Huntingdonshire.
The U14 squad travelled to play in the Jersey Cricket Festival last week, taking on teams from the Isle of Wight, Channel Islands and Norfolk.
The festival lasted for four days and the squad finished their tour with a match against Jersey U15s.
The team secured winning draws against the Channel Islands and the Isle of Wight, plus a losing draw against Norfolk to reach the final.
In the final it was again a match up against their East Anglian rivals, in which Hunts suffered their only defeat of the tour to finish runners up.
Notable performances came from opener Alex Martin, of Nassington, who averaged 43, and Warboys CC's Adam Hyde, who finished top wicket taker with seven.
- 1 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 2 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 3 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 4 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 5 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 10 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
Skipper Jonathan Carpenter, of Eaton Socon, averaged 35 and took five wickets, while Socon's Joe Dawborn and Tom Agas of Upwood chipped in with wickets.
Hunts U14 manager Steve Brown said: "The lads had a great time, playing at some beautiful grounds and enjoying some good weather - for a change.