Hunts squad a hit during island adventure
A GROUP of young cricketers have returned from the Channel Islands after representing Huntingdonshire. The U14 squad travelled to play in the Jersey Cricket Festival last week, taking on teams from the Isle of Wight, Channel Islands and Norfolk. The festi
A GROUP of young cricketers have returned from the Channel Islands after representing Huntingdonshire.
The U14 squad travelled to play in the Jersey Cricket Festival last week, taking on teams from the Isle of Wight, Channel Islands and Norfolk.
The festival lasted for four days and the squad finished their tour with a match against Jersey U15s.
The team secured winning draws against the Channel Islands and the Isle of Wight, plus a losing draw against Norfolk to reach the final.
You may also want to watch:
In the final it was again a match up against their East Anglian rivals, in which Hunts suffered their only defeat of the tour to finish runners up.
Notable performances came from opener Alex Martin, of Nassington, who averaged 43, and Warboys CC's Adam Hyde, who finished top wicket taker with seven.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 9 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 10 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
Skipper Jonathan Carpenter, of Eaton Socon, averaged 35 and took five wickets, while Socon's Joe Dawborn and Tom Agas of Upwood chipped in with wickets.
Hunts U14 manager Steve Brown said: "The lads had a great time, playing at some beautiful grounds and enjoying some good weather - for a change.