Milton girls claim dramatic extra-time win in ESFA county finals
- Credit: HSSP
The English Schools FA U11 Girls Football Cambridgeshire County Finals saw a dramatic conclusion to a great day of action.
Organised by the Hunts School Sports Partnership and hosted at St Ives Town, seven schools competed to become 2021-2022 county champions and go forward to the regional finals.
The schools were initially split into two pools and from the first whistle the quality of football on show was fantastic, resulting in plenty of tight matches.
The final was fought out between Bury and Milton after they narrowly pipped Middleton and Westfield in their respective groups.
Milton took the lead early only for Bury to equalise and send the game to extra-time.
However, with just 30 seconds on the clock, a calm finish gave Milton the win and the title.
In the third-place play-off Westfield came out winners against Middleton in what was another competitive match.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 4 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 5 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 6 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 9 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 10 'We must urgently plan to produce more food'
Doug Finlayson, partnership manager for the HSSP, said: "It was lovely to see the girls playing with smiles on their faces. The standard was amazing, the matches were exciting and I’m sure nervy for many of the school staff and spectators at times."