Hunts Runners in 20 mile Bury race
HUNTINGDONSHIRE runners took part in the Bury 20 mile Road Race last Sunday (February 22). Five members of the BRJ Road Running Club raced with 351 competitors in the race that started and finished in a lime-tree avenue in Nowton Park, half a mile outsid
HUNTINGDONSHIRE runners took part in the Bury 20 mile Road Race last Sunday (February 22).
Five members of the BRJ Road Running Club raced with 351 competitors in the race that started and finished in a lime-tree avenue in Nowton Park, half a mile outside Bury St Edmunds. The event is aimed to provide practice for those training for the London marathon on April 26. The breezy conditions and tough terrain made for a difficult race through the west Suffolk countryside.
BRJ runners Darren Preston and Ryan Woolf led the way on their debuts, finishing 55th and 91st respectively. Gillian Peck was the fastest lady runner coming in 167th, followed by Sue Yendley in 250th and Sam Brown in 313th.
The BRJ club trains on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 7.30pm and 9pm behind the club on Sallowbush Road in Huntingdon and all perspective new runners are welcome.
You may also want to watch:
St Neots Riverside Runners had five members take part in the English Cross Country Championships last Saturday (February 21).
Will Mackay had their best performance, finishing 29th out of 173 runners in the junior men's 10 kilometre race, running the distance in just over 36 minutes. Tom Stead also put in a good display in the U13 boys three kilometre race, running it in just over 12 minutes to finish 23rd out of 356 runners.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 Moving day for Black Cat Radio
- 10 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid