HUNTS POST SPORTS AWARDS 2014: The search for this year’s winners starts today
- Credit: Archant
Jon Railton, The Hunts Post’s Sports Personality of 2013, says Huntingdonshire is a veritable hotbed of talent.
The 22-year-old motorcycle racer walked away from last year’s awards ceremony with the big prize and now wants to encourage the good folk of Huntingdonshire to nominate their sporting heroes for this year’s awards, which will take place at Burgess Hall in St Ives on Thursday, July 31.
“It was an honour to receive the Sports Personality award for 2013,” said the Grafham flyer. “There are so many great sports people in Hunts and to win that award was some achievement. The awards really do highlight the amazing quality of sport in our county. It’s a veritable hotbed of talent here.”
THE 10 CATEGORIES ARE
Sports Personality of the Year
You may also want to watch:
Outstanding Achievement for an Athlete over 18
Outstanding Achievement for an Athlete under 18 sponsored by Central England Co-operative
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Outstanding Achievement for an Athlete with a Disability
School of the Year
Coach or Manager of the Year
Senior Team of the Year sponsored by Whiting & Partners
Junior Team of the Year sponsored by Copleys Solicitors
All you need to do to nominate is go to the awards’ website at www.huntssportsawards.co.uk. The deadline for entries is June 6 so you have plenty of time to encourage friends and family members to nominate their favourites too.